Please find below a number of links to heart healthy organizations.
Mended Hearts is proud to be a network member of the Time to Talk Cardioprogram. Heart patients, their families and caregivers can find a vast array of resources at this site to improve the dialogue between patients and health care professionals.
Mended Hearts has long partnered with the American Heart Association (AHA) Advocacy efforts to promote heart-related legislation. AHA’s “You’re the Cure” provides very user-friendly tools for advocacy. To join You’re the Cure, click here.
Currently, there are five You’re the Cure priority areas that Mended Hearts is also encouraging its members to take action on. They are as follows:
- FIT Kids: www.fitkidsact.org
- RX for a healthy heart: www.heartprescription.org
- Hearts for Healthcare:www.heartsforhealthcare.org
- Heart for Women: www.heartforwomen.org
- Research funding: www.researchsaveslives.org
American Heart Association
Food and Drug Administration
Center For Disease Control and Prevention
Heart Information Network Homepage
National Library of Medicine
WebMD Heart Disease Program
National Institute of Health
Orlando Regional Healthcare
Shands at UF
Shands at UF – VAD
- March 9, 2019 Support Meeting
- April 13, 2019 Support Meeting
- May 11, 2019 Support Meeting
- June 8, 2019 Support Meeting